The Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety is aimed at senior stewards and other similar staff responsible for supervising the work of stewards at spectator events. This qualification meets the requirements for training for level 3 stewards as specified in the DCMS Green Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds and the HSE’s Purple Guide for Event Safety. The mandatory units cover the skills, knowledge and competence to prepare and maintain stewarding, deal with problems, accidents and emergencies and develop productive working relationships with colleagues.
There are a range of optional units allowing apprentices scope to choose those areas most relevant to them.
There are no formal entry requirements. However, apprentices should be able to work at level 2 or above.
- Assessment is by portfolio.
- This qualification is competence based and assessment must be of the learner’s consistent performance in the workplace.
- It will be assessed in accordance with the following 3 documents, which can be downloaded from SkillsActive’s website:
- Assessment strategy for NVQs: The Sector Skills Council for Active Leisure, Learning and Well being Quality Assurance Strategy
- SkillsActive QCF Evidence Requirements and Assessment Guidance for the Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety
- Additional Requirements for Qualifications that use the title NVQ within the QCF
All required equipment will be provided in the workplace.