THE FLEXIBLE APPROACH TO YOUR TRAINING NEEDS
Training Providers have a legal responsibility since 18/9/15 under the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 “to have a due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism”.
The purpose of the Prevent Strategy is to prevent students from being drawn into terrorism or other forms of extremism. We do this by:
- Promoting our policies and values to make it clear that ours is a tolerant and welcoming community for all learners
- Fostering positive relationships with police and community partners
- Promoting British Values and enabling students to engage successfully with their communities
- Ensuring our policies and practices meet the prevent agenda
- Having trained staff to spot possible signs or indicators of concern with regards to the extremist opinions and how to deal with these and challenge them effectively and /or refer through key reference and support channels